The Scarsdale Baseball Club (SBC) is a non-profit, community-based organization focused on the development and cultivation of Scarsdale High School baseball players in 9th-12th grades through a rigorous, consistent, multi-season program of clinics, drills
1. Realize that the purpose of youth baseball is to promote the physical, mental, moral, social, and emotional well-being of the individual players.
2. Emphasize the proper ideals of, and lead by example in demonstrating sportsmanship, ethical conduct and fair play.
3. Remember that youth play for fun and enjoyment. Always place the emotional and physical well being of players ahead of any personal desire to win. Never ridicule or yell at any players for making mistakes or losing a game.
4. Show cordial courtesy to visiting teams and officials.
5. Respect the property of communities that you are visiting.
6. Respect the umpires’ integrity and judgment.
7. Achieve a thorough understanding and acceptance of the rules of the game, the SBC, and the organizations with which SBC is affiliated.
8. Show respect for all players, coaches, fans, and officials regardless of race, gender, creed, or ability.
9. Remember that youth need adult role models they can respect. Be generous with your praise when it is deserved and set a good example.
10. Treat each player as an individual, remembering there may be a large spread amongst physical and emotional development of members of the same team.
11. To the extent practicable, follow the advice of the physician or parent when determining when an injured player is ready to play again.
12. Make a commitment to educate yourself on the principles of growth and development of youth.
13. Remember that a contest is only a game, not a mater of life or death for any player, coach, official, or parent, and that the game is for the youth and not for adults.
Each player shall:
1. Play for FUN!
2. Work hard to improve skills.
3. Be a team player -- get along with teammates.
4. Learn teamwork, sportsmanship and discipline.
5. Be on time for practices and games.
6. Learn the rules and play by them. Always be a good sport.
7. Respect the coaches, teammates, parents, opponents, and game officials.